Saturday, July 26, 2014

On The Run!

Im on the run!! Ive had another complicated year.  I dotted all i's and crossed all t's and still bombed. The students were tough and my test scores sucked. again.  So I question if teaching is for me?  I love being a teacher but dealing with so many difficult behaviors is draining.  I cant seem to find that picture perfect class. You know the one thats in our text books in college.   This is the first summer where I am completely unmotivated. No chasing sales, no making cute games, no purchases, nothing..  So Im thinking of running from the career. Just run and try something new. Any words of wisdom?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your year. If you really love teaching, keep at it. My advice is to pick one thing you want to improve upon next year, and research it this summer. It'll make you more confident, which is super important in my opinion. If your heart isn't in it, then start looking elsewhere. Life is too short to be anything but happy! =)

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - hang in there...read a book that might ignite your passion again. Look through bloggers that you admire and read their posts. I'm sorry things are hard. :o(
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete